Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
What is it?
The Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) is to “provide for the analysis of the incidence and effects of prison rape in Federal, State, and local institutions and to provide information, resources, recommendations and funding to protect individuals from prison rape.” (Prison Rape Elimination Act, 2003).
Alpha House Zero Tolerance Policy
Alpha House mandates zero tolerance for all forms of sexual abuse, sexual misconduct and sexual harassment in its facility to ensure a safe, humane and appropriately secure environment for all residents.
Reporting Resident Sexual Abuse or Harassment
If a resident experiences or witnesses a violation of sexual abuse, sexual misconduct and sexual harassment, we have a procedure in place for that information to be brought forth and addressed by the Alpha House staff.
Steps to Report a Violation:
1. Get to a safe place
2. Tell ANY staff person
3. You may talk to someone in person, send a cop-out, or have a family member or friend report it.
4. You may report by phone or anonymously.
5. You may call the police on your own or have a third party call.
6. Report it even if it happened in the past.
7. If you are a victim or you suspect someone else has been sexually abused or involved in sexual misconduct with a staff member, you need to report it.